Bankruptcy Discharge Settlement
- Class members claim Equifax Information Services LLC, Experian Information Solutions Inc. and Transunion LLC violated the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Equifax Information Services LLC, Experian Information Solutions Inc. and Transunion LLC deny these allegations and all actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settlement terms
- The case is entitled Hernandez, et al. v. Experian Information Solutions, Inc., et al.
Class members claim that the defendants failed to take reasonable steps to ensure accuracy in reporting debts discharged in bankruptcy which is in violation of a variety of state laws and the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Class members in the case are defined as anyone who between March 15, 2002 and May 11, 2009 who filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and had a credit report issued by a Defendant that contained debts, accounts, judgments. Class members who already submitted a valid claim in the 2009 Proposed Settlement do not have to file another claim. Bankruptcydischargesettlement.com class members who did not file a claim in the 2009 proposed settlement must file a claim by November 13, 2019 in order to receive a slice of the 36 million dollar settlement. Class members also have until November 13, 2019 to opt out or object to the terms of the settlement. Class members who would like to speak in court in regards to Bankruptcy Discharge Settlement case can do so on December 11, 2019 at 8:30 a.m.. Class members who would like to have their day at in court (aka speak at the fairness hearing) will have to notify the court by mail at: Clerk of the Court 411 West Fourth Street, Room 1053 Santa Ana, CA 92701-4516 United States District Court (most class members will want to simply file a claim and wait for the results).
The $36.8 Million Settlement Fund will cover:
- pay for damage award claims by consumers;
- pay class counsel’s attorneys’ fees and their expenses;
- pay a service award to each of the Class Representatives; and
- pay the costs of notice and administering the settlement.
- Hernandez Settlement Administrator c/o JND Legal Administration P.O. Box 91306 Seattle, WA 98111
- 1 (866) 237-3432